Foreign students

International applicants should present evidence of Portuguese language proficiency. If the applicant is accepted to the graduate program, a copy of the Student Visa (temporary) and R.N.E. card (Residence Permit) will be requested at registration, which will not be completed without these items. International applicants are therefore strongly encouraged to apply for the R.N.E. card at the Federal Police in advance.

The Brazilian authorities keep a Fellowship Program called PEC/PG through an Agreement between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, CAPES Foundation, and CNPq. The program grants scholarships to university professors, researchers, professionals, and undergraduate students of developing countries with which Brazil holds Cultural, Scientific and Technological Cooperation Agreements (list of participating countries). Scholarships are granted to Master and Doctoral programs degrees.